Reports To: Head of Engineering
Want to build the marketplace connecting over 7% of the US GDP? DemandStar is on a mission to transform the $1.5 trillion dollar business-to-government market. We help governments and businesses build healthy, vibrant, and prosperous communities by giving government procurement officers easy access to a diverse network of qualified suppliers.
DemandStar is backed by top marketplace and network effects investors including Version One, Advance Venture Partners and Forefront Venture Partners. Tens of thousands of businesses, paid and free, already use DemandStar, joining over 1000 governments in the fastest-growing business-to-government marketplace.
UX Designer Overview:
At DemandStar, you’ll be on a passionate team of folks building a product-focused company challenging the status quo in how governments and businesses interact. At this early stage of our growth, you’ll make fundamental decisions in how we will approach the space, and how we operate as a team. Your experience will be vital in shaping who we become!
This role focuses on UX design for our flagship product in the business-to-government procurement space. You’ll help us shape the user experience, define the design, and build the processes we’ll use in the future! You’d be the perfect candidate if you are a skilled designer with some experience already, enjoy working in a self-directed environment, and have some familiarity with technical products and general engineering concepts.
- Build creative, beautiful, and clear designs that function well and are accessible to a wide audience
- Collaborate, present, and build consensus around designs with the sales, marketing, and engineering teams
- Conduct user research and collaborate on product strategy development
- Produce process flows, storyboards, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve our users’ experiences
- Analyze existing UX problems and create design solutions to address user needs
- Interpret data on user behaviors, design user experience tests, and incorporate conclusions into future designs
- Demonstrable expertise in producing compelling visual interfaces for software
- Significant experience conveying solutions in the form of presentations, wireframes, click-through prototypes and design specifications
- A strong portfolio demonstrating excellence and passion for product design
- Proficiency with Figma (or similar design tools)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Self-driven and comfortable working independently
- An open mind and love of collaboration
DemandStar provides a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance benefits including dependent coverage. DemandStar employees enjoy a remote-first working environment and flexible paid time off and holidays.
To apply, please send your resume or CV to email@example.com with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.