Job Title: Senior Software Development Engineer
Reports To: Head of Technology
FLSA Status: Exempt
Want to build the marketplace connecting over 7% of the US GDP? DemandStar is on a mission to transform the $1.5 trillion dollar business-to-government market. We help governments and businesses build healthy, vibrant, and prosperous communities by giving government procurement officers easy access to a diverse network of qualified suppliers.
In support of this mission, we are looking to add new team members that bring with them a refreshing energy, an indomitable spirit, and inherit respect for those around them. You will work with exceptional team members, dedicated public servants, and a broad and diverse array of businesses looking to serve their communities.
DemandStar is backed by top marketplace and network effects investors including Version One, Advance Venture Partners and Forefront Venture Partners.
Tens of thousands of businesses, paid and free, already use DemandStar, joining nearly 600 governments in the fastest-growing business-to-government marketplace.
Senior Software Development Engineer Overview:
You have the desire to be an early engineer in a high-growth company and help build a product-focused engineering organization. You have the vision, humility, and problem-solving skills to challenge a large, legacy industry. You are eager to improve the core product and add new features to take us to the next phase.
This role focuses on system architecture and fostering network-based interactions and transactions. As part of our engineering team, you will be a leader in building out a new experience for our government and business customers.
- Influence the technical landscape in direct collaboration with the Head of Technology
- Manage entire sections of the technical stack by taking projects from an idea to production
- Work cross functionally with leadership and their teams across all divisions to build and launch features
- Opportunities to either build and ship brand new features or optimize and maintain existing products
- Technical subject matter expert and internal resource for other developers and colleagues
- Deliver customer-centric solutions to help solve difficult problems
Qualifications Include Some or All:
- Direct experience in marketplaces or network creation, and/or strong background in eCommerce
- 5+ years of professional experience developing full web stack applications using the Microsoft stack
- Expert in Web API 2.0, REST APIs, MVC framework, .Net core
- Solid client-side JS frameworks mastery, ReactJS specifically
- Experience in SQL server – Queries, SPs and building data objects using ER / ORM
- Demonstrated experience building complex scalable systems in the Azure stack
- Processes and Tools: VSO, Agile, SCRUM, Understanding of CI & CD
- Auth, web technology stack – AJAX, JQuery, HTTP, cookies and sharing cookies between application, headers, asynchronous queueing, document processing and conversion – Word/Excel/PDF, Workflow automation
- A customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Deep understanding and appreciation for working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Versed in machine learning and/or artificial intelligence, and eager to harness their potential as applied to government purchasing data
- Experience designing, building and testing complex scalable systems in the cloud
- High level of technical aptitude with experience in product creation
- Experience with large database design, development and deployment
DemandStar provides a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance benefits including dependent coverage. DemandStar employees enjoy a remote first working environment and flexible paid time off and holidays.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Room for growth and opportunity.
To apply, please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.