Want to build the marketplace connecting over 7% of the US GDP? DemandStar is on a mission to transform the $1.5 trillion dollar business-to-government market. We help governments and businesses build healthy, vibrant, and prosperous communities by giving government procurement officers easy access to a diverse network of qualified suppliers.
In support of this mission, we are looking to add new team members that bring with them a refreshing energy, an indomitable spirit, and inherit respect for those around them. You will work with exceptional team members, dedicated public servants, and a broad and diverse array of businesses looking to serve their communities.
DemandStar is backed by top marketplace and network effects investors including Version One, Advance Venture Partners and Forefront Venture Partners.
Tens of thousands of businesses, paid and free, already use DemandStar, joining nearly 600 governments in the fastest-growing business-to-government marketplace.
Software Development Engineer Overview:
You have the desire to be an early engineer in a high-growth company and help build a product-focused engineering organization. You have the vision, humility, and problem-solving skills to challenge a large, legacy industry. You are eager to improve the core product and add new features to take us to the next phase.
This role focuses on system architecture and fostering network-based interactions and transactions. As part of our engineering team, you will be a key contributor in building out new experiences for our government and business customers.
- Drive product discussions about high impact features
- Manage sections of the technical stack by taking projects from an idea to production
- Work cross functionally with product and marketing teams to build and launch features
- Opportunities to either build and ship brand new features or optimize and maintain existing products
- Deliver customer-centric solutions to help solve difficult problems
Qualifications Include Some or All:
- 3+ years of professional experience developing full web stack applications using the Microsoft stack
- Proficient in Web API 2.0, REST APIs, MVC framework, .Net core
- Solid client-side JS frameworks mastery, ReactJS specifically
- Experience in SQL server – Queries, SPs and building data objects using ER / ORM
- Demonstrated experience building complex scalable systems in the Azure stack
- Processes and Tools: VSO, Agile, SCRUM, Understanding of CI & CD
- Auth, web technology stack – AJAX, JQuery, HTTP, cookies and sharing cookies between application, headers, asynchronous queueing, document processing and conversion – Word/Excel/PDF, Workflow automation
- A customer-centric approach to problem solving
- Understanding and appreciation for working with large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including over 1 billion solicitation documents and millions of network connection points.
DemandStar provides a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance benefits including dependent coverage. DemandStar employees enjoy a remote first working environment and flexible paid time off and holidays.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Room for growth and opportunity.
To apply, please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.