Job Title: Sales Development Representative
Reports To: Director of Business Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
DemandStar is seeking an exceptionally motivated, indomitable Sales Development Representative that is impatient to challenge the status quo of how governments and businesses currently engage and interact within the business-to-government marketplace.
DemandStar is on a mission to transform the trillion-dollar business-to-government market. We are in the business of helping governments and businesses build healthy, vibrant and prosperous communities by giving them easy access to a diverse network of qualified suppliers. Our vision is to have one marketplace connecting every business to every government buyer, project and purchasing opportunity across America.
In support of this vision, we are looking to add new team members that bring with them a refreshing energy and the spirit of perseverance, leadership and inherit respect for those around them. You’ll work with mission-driven team members, dedicated public servants, a broad and diverse array of businesses looking to serve their community.
Sales Development Representative (SDR) Overview:
As Sales Development Manager you’ll play a leading role in onboarding new businesses to the DemandStar Network, so that governments will have more competition bids, RFPs and other contracting opportunities. This role is a core part of the team, working directly with company leadership, marketing, customer service and product teams. As SDR you have an exceptional opportunity for advancement and professional growth.
Your role will significantly impact the growth of DemandStar and the communities we serve across America. You will be responsible for executing on our strategy to onboard more businesses and support our existing network and will set the tone for the customer experience and DemandStar brand.
- Engage by phone and email with inbound leads (30+ daily) and communicate the value of the DemandStar products.
- Service and support the current customer base which includes processing renewals and expansion requests.
- Achieve and report weekly/monthly metrics (activities, bookings, renewals, expansions)
- Be the DemandStar subject matter expert; provide guidance, best practices and ensure customers are aware of the all the benefits the DemandStar Network provides to them.
Qualifications Should Include:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- 1-2 years of business experience, preferably in a SaaS or start up environment
- Experience using Salesforce.com or similar applications
- Proficient in Excel
- Driven, and eager to learn
Prefer candidate with a desire to pursue a sales/marketing career
DemandStar provides a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance benefits including dependent coverage. DemandStar employees enjoy a remote first working environment and flexible paid time off and holidays.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Room for growth and opportunity.
To apply, simply send your resume with the name of the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.