DemandStar is an online marketplace that connectsbusinesssupplierswith government agencies throughout the United States, giving them instant access to the bids and quotes posted by those agencies.
DemandStar sends subscribers opportunities that agencies themselves have posted using our platform -whether RFPs, Bids or even below-threshold Quotes where they hand pick vendors from our site to notify using DemandStar(These quotes are unavailable outside of other services, as they fall under the formal purchasing threshold). Unlike other providers, we do not use “bid-scraping” methods to locate and post information. Many agencies use DemandStar to not only post documents, but also to allow you to e-bid, avoiding often massive physical paperwork
Getting Started: How do I registerfor DemandStar?
Some government agencies require that vendors register on DemandStar as a prerequisite of doing business with them. Agencies that use DemandStar as part of their procurement processes require a vendor ID, which is the same as your DemandStar Member ID Number. To register you may call, or email, or get started right now with our registration link.
How do I get bid information or download bid documents?
- Log in to your account on the DemandStar website, www.demandstar.com, and click on the link/tab labeled “Suppliers.”
- Click on the link labeled “View Bids.” If you were notified of the project via e-mail, it will be displayed on the page entitled “Bids.”
- If the project is not displayed, select “All bids in the system” under “Search Criteria.”
- Under the field labeled “Bid Status,” select “Active.”
- Under the field labeled “Agency,” select the institution purchasing the goods or services and click on the “Search” button.
- To get bid details (including pre-bid conference information and commodity codes used for classification): Once you locate the project, find the column labeled “Actions,” and click on the link labeled “Details.”
- To download a document, including blueprints, find the column labeled “Actions” and click on the “Download/Order” button
- Click on the link “Download” or “Purchase.”
- If the document does not open after you have clicked on the “Purchase” or “Download” link, try moving your cursor over the link and right – clicking on it, then selecting an option to print or save the document from the menu that is displayed.
How do I access or respond to a quote I received via DemandStar?
If you are interested in a particular project you received via e-mail, click on the link provided in the e-mail.
- Log in to your account on the DemandStar Web site, www.demandstar.com and click on the link/tab labeled “Suppliers.”
- Click on the link labeled “View Quotes” and locate the relevant quote.
- Click on the “Details” to obtain information and access the quote response form.
- If the quote you seek does not immediately display, click on the link in the column header labeled “Date Due” to change the date-ordering of the list.
- Enter the prices of your products in the available fields.
- Enter the expected delivery time of your products from time of order in the available Delivery field.
- Also, enter information in the Additional Supplier Details space, if necessary.
- Click the button labeled “Continue.” On the next page, review your quote prices, make any necessary changes and submit your quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t locate or view a quote?
If you have multiple DemandStar accounts for your company, you won’t be able to see the quote from any other account except the specific one to which the agency sent the request.
If you received a notification via e-mail from an agency through DemandStar, but do not have an active subscription on DemandStar to view quotes, here’s what you can do:
- Call DemandStar at 1-206-940-0305 and tell us that you received an e-mail notice informing you of a quote opportunity.
- Provide the DemandStar Member ID Number from the last line of your notification message. (This is a six-or seven-digit number that indicates the precise location of the quote information stored in the system.)
- Request that the existing Supplemental Supplier record be converted to a DemandStar Free Agency subscription for the purchasing institution that issued the quote. NOTE: you may also sign up using the online registration form: https://www.demandstar.com/registration
How do I edit my commodity codes?
Log in to your account on the DemandStar website at www.demandstar.com and click on the link/tab labeled “Account Info” to locate the Commodity Codes section. Click on the link labeled “Edit” to open a new page entitled “Commodity Codes: Select Bid Categories.”
- To add codes: Locate the “Search for Codes” section, enter a term in the “Search Criteria” space and click “Search.” Select the Commodity Codes pertinent to your business and click on the box for each Commodity Code you want to add. Click “Save.”
- To remove codes: Select a Code Description category highlighted in bold print, click on the “+”sign to display Class Descriptions and click on the “+” sign to display individual Commodity Codes. Click on the box for each Commodity Code to be removed, then click “Save.”
How do I change my profile, username or password?
Log in to your account on the DemandStar Web site, www.demandstar.com and click on the link/tab labeled “Account Info” and locate the User Accounts section. Click on the link labeled “Edit” for the account to be modified.
- To change member information: Click on the link/tab labeled “Account Info.” Locate the section requiring change. Modify or delete the information entered into the specific field on the page. Click “Save.” To change username: Delete the information entered into the Username field on the page and enter the selected user name in the same space. Click “Save.”
- To change password: Delete the information entered into the Password fields on the page, and enter the selected password in the same spaces. Click “Save.”
Can I check a bid status or find out who else is bidding?
- Yes. Once you’ve logged into DemandStar, click on the link/tab labeled “Suppliers,” then select “View Bids.”
- To view Bid/ RFP status: On the Search Criteria page you’ll find a “Bid Status” drop box. Select the bid status to filter your bids. Status options are Active, Awarded, Cancelled, Deleted, Recommendation of Award, Rejected and Under Evaluation. Select the desired status and click “Search.”
- To view competitors: Once you find the bid you are tracking, click on “Planholders link” in the “Actions” column on the right of your screen. This shows you who else has requested bid or RFP plans.
How do I get more information on the project?
For details not available on DemandStar, call the purchasing agency. Contact information can be found in the advert isement for the bid or proposal.
Why did I miss a bid in DemandStar?
- You may have missed a bid for one of the following reasons:
- You are not registered to receive notifications from the agency issuing the bid.
You set up your profile not to receive notification messages.
- Your profile does not include the Commodity Code used by the purchaser to connect with vendors
- Your network or Internet Service Provider blocked or quarantined the notification message forsecurity reasons