Job Title: Government Development Manager
Reports To: Director of Government Growth
FLSA Status: Exempt
Want to build the marketplace connecting over 7% of the US GDP? DemandStar is on a mission to transform the $1.5 trillion dollar business-to-government market. We help governments and businesses build healthy, vibrant, and prosperous communities by giving government procurement officers easy access to a diverse network of qualified suppliers.
In support of this mission, we are looking to add new team members that bring with them a refreshing energy, an indomitable spirit, and inherit respect for those around them. You will work with exceptional team members, dedicated public servants, and a broad and diverse array of businesses looking to serve their communities.
DemandStar is backed by top marketplace and network effects investors including Version One, Advance Venture Partners and Forefront Venture Partners.
Tens of thousands of businesses, paid and free, already use DemandStar, joining nearly 600 governments in the fastest-growing business-to-government marketplace.
Government Development Manager (GDM) Overview:
As Government Development Manager you will lead the way in bringing more government partners into the DemandStar Network. Through your work, governments will reach a larger, more diverse network of businesses.This will give them more competition for their bids, RFPs and other purchases which will ultimately deliver greater value to the communities they serve.
You will be responsible for implementing and refining our process to expand the number of government partners using DemandStar. This is a multi-faceted role that will be influential in shaping the government partner product experience, the partner lifecycle journey, and giving rise to the brand.
- Introduce DemandStar to government purchasing officers. Helpthem see the value of sharing their supplier base with other governments around them, and sign them up to post their bids, RFPs and other solicitations on the DemandStar Network.
- Drive an outbound program (no travel) including identifying prospects, converting them into leads and moving them through the funnel.
- Proactively engage with inbound leads and communicate the value proposition of DemandStar.
- Refine our government partner acquisition strategy and tactics for the assigned region/area.
- Organize and report to the team your pipeline and activities weekly/monthly (activities, prospects, network growth).
- Collaborate with government success team, product team, and marketing team on how to provide governments with the best customer experience.
- Be the DemandStar subject matter expert, providing best practices and guidance to governments that will help them better serve their communities.
Your Qualifications Should Include:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in partner acquisition, government procurement or as an account executive
- Experienced and comfortable working with data and a data driven approach to business growth
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Excel and the ability to build reports and create stories with data
- Demonstrated success in scheduling appointments, demo’ing a technical product and finalizing a contract agreement
DemandStar provides a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance benefits including dependent coverage. DemandStar employees enjoy a remote first working environment and flexible paid time off and holidays.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Room for growth and opportunity.
To apply, please send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.