Job Title: Front-End Software Engineer
Reports To: Head of Engineering
FLSA Status: Exempt
Want to build the marketplace connecting over 7% of the US GDP? DemandStar is on a mission to transform the $1.5 trillion dollar business-to-government market. We help governments and businesses build healthy, vibrant, and prosperous communities by giving government procurement officers easy access to a diverse network of qualified suppliers.
DemandStar is backed by top marketplace and network effects investors including Version One, Advance Venture Partners and Forefront Venture Partners. Tens of thousands of businesses, paid and free, already use DemandStar, joining nearly 600 governments in the fastest-growing business-to-government marketplace.
Front-End Software Engineer Overview:
You have the desire to be an early engineer in a high-growth company and help build a product-focused engineering organization. You have the vision, humility, and problem-solving skills to challenge a large, legacy industry. You are eager to improve the core product and add new features to take us to the next phase.
This role focuses on front-end features and fostering a user experience that enhances interactions across our network. As part of our engineering team, you will be a leader in building out new experiences for our government and business customers.
- Collaborate with the product, design, and customer teams to deliver a product our users love
- Build efficient, scalable, and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Optimize components to perform well across platforms and browsers
- Quickly learn and utilize the latest web technologies
- Inspire your colleagues with your passion for beautiful and functional UIs
- At least 2 years of front-end development experience
- Experience with front-end JS/CSS frameworks such as React, Redux, Bootstrap or others
- Strong HTML and CSS skills, especially in cross-browser environments
- Experience with React, Redux, and Bootstrap
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with CI/CD and automated testing of front-end code
- Experience with full-stack development in Node.JS or C#
- Experience with the Azure cloud platform
- Experience collaborating with designers and stakeholders outside of engineering
- Experience in marketplaces or network creation, and/or a strong background in e-commerce
DemandStar provides a competitive salary, health, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance benefits including dependent coverage. DemandStar employees enjoy a remote-first working environment and flexible paid time off and holidays.
To apply, please send your resume or CV to email@example.com with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.